We Want Your Tunes
- Category: Mood Music
- Published on April 24 2012
- Written by Tracy Block
A few weeks ago, we posted a Facebook status urging our readers to get jiggy with some playlist creations. We find it hard to believe that not one of you so-called music lovers hasn’t been tempted to share your skills and taste. We are now officially posting our second call for our fellow readers, artists and wannabe DJs to get their hands dirty and dig deep into some tunes.
We’re working exclusively with Grooveshark on this one. Why? Because, unlike other music streams, Grooveshark does not force you to link to it as an application, and it won’t send you 10 annoying e-mails or notifications per day. And, you don't have to be a member to stream the tunes. It’s really that simple.
So, what do we want from you? Your tunes, bro. We know you sit around at work or while doing ‘you’ time at home (and we’re not here to judge whatever it is that you do do – yeah, we went there). So, next time you’re gearing up for a road trip to a show a few hours away, getting pumped for a summer festie, looking for a gym-time rager or mixing together a little gem for a chill night with good friends and cold brews, send it our way. We genuinely want to see what music you are into, and, in turn share it with the world.
What we need from you:
1) Create a Grooveshark account and snag your own URL (pretty sweet).
2) Search for music.
3) Add it to a new playlist.
4) Name that playlist.
5) When finished, send the URL to Melodysiac via inbox message on our Facebook page, and include a witty sentence of two about yourself and why you created this playlist.
6) We’ll format a post for our “Mood Music” section, give you full credit for your awesomeness and then blast it through the webosphere.
Questions? You know where to reach us. Happy Listing!